The ECE Student Advancement Committee (ECESAC) represents the concerns of ECE students to the department administration. ECESAC supports student participation in the ECE Department and sponsors other activities that will benefit ECE students.
- We advise the ECE Department administration when requested.
- We bring concerns of ECE students to the attention of the ECE Department administration.
- We plan and implement appropriate projects that will benefit ECE students.
- We offer assistance to the ECE Department in planning department sponsored activities.
- We offer assistance in the recruitment of nominations for department, college, and campus awards that recognize outstanding professors, advisors, and teaching assistants.
- We offer assistance in the selection of department awardees which recognize outstanding professors, advisors, and teaching assistants.
ECESAC is organized into four committees, each serving an individual purpose. The academic development committee hosts events that promote academic achievement and curiosity such as the technical elective fair. The social engagement hosts fun community building events for the department as a whole. Public image committee is solely in charge of advertising all events and with promoting the overall ECE involvement. Lastly, the graduate relations committee hosts graduate student events such as socials and events for graduates to share information about their exciting research.